The Minister of Information, Lai Mohammed, has released a statement confirming the release of some of the abducted Dapchi school girls.

According to Lai Mohammed, only 76 out of the 110 girls were released this morning. Read the statement below

The directive by President Muhammadu Buhari to all security agencies to do everything possible to secure the release of the Dapch schoolgirls, who were abducted 19 Feb. 2018, has yielded fruits, with the confirmed release of 76 of the 110 abducted students in the early hours of Wednesday.

In a statement issued in Abuja on Wednesday, the Minister of
Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, said the 76 are those who have been documented so far, adding that the release of the abducted students is ongoing.

He said the girls were released around 3 a.m. through back-channel efforts and with the help of some friends of the country, and that it was unconditional.

”For the release to work, the government had a clear understanding that violence and confrontation would not be the way out as it could endanger the lives of the girls, hence a non-violent approach was the preferred option.

”Within the period when the girls were being brought back,
operational pause was observed in certain areas to ensure free passage and also that lives were not lost,” Alhaji Mohammed said.

He said the number of the freed girls would be updated after the remaining ones have been documented, especially because the girls were not handed over to anyone but dropped off in Dapchi.

DON'T MISS

I know when I meet the right man – Linda Osifo

Being in a relationship can be quite a pleasant experience especially when it’s with the right person who reciprocates the same level of affection, and while many has been lucky, others have found it...

Qatar in talks to buy Leeds United: report

The Qatari group that owns French champions Paris Saint-Germain is bidding to buy a controlling stake in English Championship club Leeds United, according to a Financial Times report on Saturday. Newport County’s duo of...

If Jonathan had listen to me, PDP would have been in power – Wabara

ABA –  Former Senate President and Secretary of the Board of Trustees, BOT, of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Senator Adolphus Wabara, has said that the party would not have lost the 2015 presidential...

FG’s Social Investment hasn’t worked well in the North – Mrs Buhari

Buhari , Aisha vote at the Governorship and State Assembly Elections at Kofar Baru Polling Unit 003 in Daura Katsina State on 9th Mar 2019 The President’s wife stated this at an interactive programme...

Nigeria’s problem not policy formulation but implementation — Obasanjo

Ibadan – Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has identified policy implementation and not formulation as a major problem hindering Nigeria’s growth and development. Former President Chief Olusegun Obasanjo Obasanjo made his thoughts known in Ibadan...

PSquare : Peter Okoye to sue show organiser in Angola

Abuja – Peter Okoye a.k.a. Mr P of the defunct Psquare has threatened to sue a show promoter for using his photo to sell his twin brother’s show in Angola. Peter ‘Psquare’ Okoye Pub...

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here