In a latest development, Ondo State Governor, Arákùnrin Rotimi Akeredolu has relieved all aides attached to the Deputy Governor’s office of their duties, 9jainsider gathers.
This is not unrelated to the defection of the Deputy Governor, Hon. Agboola Ajayi from APC to PDP.
The sacked aides are Olomu Bayo, special assistant, special duties; Allen Sowore, special assistant media; Olawale Mukaila, special assistant, photography, Babatope Okeowo, deputy chief press secretary; Samuel Ogunmusi, personal assistant, (deputy governor), Omotunmise Tokunbo, special assistant to the wife of the deputy governor; and Erifeyiwa Akinnugba, photography, wife of the Deputy Governor.
According to tweets from the Deputy Governor, The aides have however been appointed as his personal aides.
“All my aides purportedly sacked by Arakunrin @RotimiAkeredolu
are hereby reappointed as my peronal aides.
They are also directed to return all government properties in their possession to the appropriate quarters within 24 hrs.
The affected aides are:
1. Mr Olomu Bayo, Special Assistant, Special Duties
2. Mr. Olawale Abolade Mukaila, Special Assistant, Photography
3. Mr. Babatope Okeowo, Deputy Chief Press Secretary
4. Mr. Samuel Ogunmusi, Personal Assistant, (Deputy Governor)
5. Mr. Omotunmise Tokunbo, Special Assistant to the wife of the Deputy Governor
6. Mrs Erifeyiwa Shola Akinnugba, (Photography, wife of the Deputy Governor).
I wish to encourage my aides to take the current development in respect of their terminated appointment in good faith. I also wish to remind all political office holders that power belongs to the people. Best of luck in your new appointments. I will speak at the appropriate time.”
Hon. Agboola Ajayi encouraged his aides to take the sack ‘in good faith’ as he will be speaking at the appropriate time.
- ” I wish to encourage my aides to take the current development in respect of their terminated appointment in good faith. I also wish to remind all political office holders that power belongs to the people. Best of luck in your new appointments. I will speak at the appropriate time.”
This is not the first time of the Governor axing the aide of the Deputy Governor, in October Mr. Pelemo, Special Assistant on Political Matters was relieved of his position after posting on his Facebook page, a congratulatory message to wish the wife of the deputy governor a happy birthday but referring to her as the “Acting First Lady of Ondo State”.