A smooth and spotless face and skin is what almost everyone longs for, but unfortunately, due to some routines, genes and other factors, not everyone has that ideal skin.
The face is one of the most sensitive parts of the body and if the face is bad looking, a lot of things like your self confidence, general self esteem and self worth could be greatly affected. This is why you should treat your face with absolute care and gentility.
In this article, we will disclose five things you should NEVER put on your face and why. Okay, Let’s begin!
1. Baking Soda: A lot of YouTube videos and articles suggest that you put baking soda on your face because it is a bleaching agent and can be used as a face wash but hey, Never ever put baking soda on your face, Not even in a million years because it is alkaline and it removes the protective layer of the skin which makes the skin vulnerable to bacteria infection, dries up your skin and rips your face of all the essential oils. Instead of using baking soda on your face, use it for cleaning surfaces in your home instead.
2. Toothpaste: Toothpaste is another thing you must Never put on your face. Toothpaste is meant for your teeth and not your face. Toothpaste is very acidic, it dries up the skin on your face and it also makes your face susceptible to breakage and then it starts to flake. If it is very acidic, it could also burn your skin.
3. Petroleum jelly: Never Ever put Petroleum Jelly or products that have petrolatum as an ingredient on your face. The reason is that petroleum jelly clogs up your pores (which could cause skin diseases like acne) and your face will end up breaking out. Instead of using petroleum jelly, you can use moisturisers as they will not clog your pores and they will give your face a very smooth feeling.
4. Dirty makeup blender or brush: When you use a dirty make – up brush or blender on your face, there is a possibility that you would get a lot of skin diseases like Acne or pimples.
5. Lemon juice: Lemons are also very acidic and when used on the skin, it can lighten up your skin but also make you sensitive to sunburn.
The skin on our face actually has a pH of about 4. 5 to 6. 5 which means that our skin is just a little bit below neutral. So, when we use a lot of highly acidic products (like lemon juice, toothpaste) on our face, or products that are highly alkaline we tend to alter the pH of our face a great deal.
If you have any question, just leave it in the comments section just below this post and we will answer all your questions. You can also share this post with your friends and family so that they can be informed too. You can get unlimited access to all the beauty tips and DIYs, all you need to do is like this post and subscribe to this channel.